Directions to Carter Knowle Church
We are at the junction of Carter Knowle Road/Montrose Road, Sheffield S7 2EE (tel 0114 249 3312 only during meetings).
Arrival by bus
* This information below is correct as of 12.12.2016.
Please use the link below for the correct information.
More Bus Information
Sheffield - Ecclesall (215) - Totley (218) - Grindleford (215) - Calver (215) - Baslow - Bakewell - Darley Dale (218) - Matlock (218)
Sheffield - Sharrow - Brincliffe - Banner Cross - Ecclesall - Millhouses (4a) - Bents Green (4) - Ringinglow (4)
Millhouses (6) - Carter Knowle (6) - Ecclesall (6) - Endcliffe (6) - Western Bank (6) - Sheffield - Darnall - Littledale Estate (6) - Manor Top (6a)
Bus - 96 bus First '96' Chancet Wood - Greenhill - Beauchief - Millhouses - Nether Edge - Highfield - Sheffield 96 Sheffield valid from 31 October 2016 Chancet Wood, Abbey Brook Drive, Greenhill, Greenhill Avenue, Bocking Lane, Beauchief, Hutcliffe Wood Road, Millhouses, Archer Road, N
Totley Brook (98) - Totley (97) - Millhouses - Sheffield - Burngreave - Pitsmoor - Shirecliffe - Southey Green - Hillsborough
Dore - Totley Brook - Totley - Bradway - Lowedges - Greenhill - Batemoor - Jordanthorpe
* TBC about the Bus information Below
There are two distinct bus routes to get to Carter Knowle church from the city centre. One goes along Ecclesall Road and down Carter Knowle Road with a stop outside the church while the other goes along Abbeydale Road and one has to get off at the bottom of Carterknowle Road and walk up it for nearly half a mile.
|Service||Probable Bus Destination||Snig Hill||Leopold Street||Charter Row/Moorfoot|
|85||Carter Knowle Road & Millhouses||CG9||CH4(Jnc with Fargate end)||MH8(Empire) & MF2(Back of Atkinsons)|
Via Abbeydale Road - the 75, 76 are the most frequent & run every few minutes. Ask for the Abbeydale Road/Carter Knowle Road stop. Get off at the bottom of Carter Knowle Road and walk up to the church. Both are operated by First Mainline.
|Service||Probable Bus Destination||High Street||Pinstone Street||Charter Row/Moorfoot|
|75 & 76||Batemoor & Low Edges||not known||TH1(Peace Gardens)||MH9/MF4(Millingtons Pet & Garden shop)|
Arrival by Car
SatNav:- We are at 162 Carter Knowle Road, Sheffield, S7 2EE
Directions when travelling from outside the city.
If travelling from outside the city, the following directions may assist in reaching the bottom of Carter Knowle Road. In all cases the term ‘traffic lights’ means road junction lights and not pedestrian crossings.
From Hathersage A625.
- On the outskirts of Sheffield approximately 1 mile after passing the Dore Moor Inn turn right (signposted ‘Chesterfield A61’, ‘Rotherham A630’, local Abbeydale and Millhouses)..
- In approximately 1 mile turn left at traffic lights (signposted ‘City Centre A621’).
- Follow the A621 along Abbeydale Road South/ Abbeydale Road straight on through four more sets of traffic lights (approx. 2ml).
- Carter Knowle Road is the first road on the left after the fourth set of traffic lights.
From Bakewell A621.
- Follow the A621 (Baslow Road / Abbeydale Road South) until traffic lights are reached at the Beauchief Hotel (signposted left ‘A625 Castleton’, right ‘A630 Rotherham’ and straight on ‘A621 City Centre’). Carry straight on.
- Follow 3 & 4 above.
From Chesterfield and M1 South via A61.
- Follow the A61 to the outskirts of Sheffield at large Meadowhead Roundabout on the ring road.
- Turn Left and immediately Right into Greenhill Avenue (it becomes Bocking Lane) .
- Turn Left at the first roundabout (Abbey Lane B6068).
- Turn Right at the next set of traffic lights (by the Beachief Hotel) signed ‘A621 City Centre’ along Abbeydale Road South.
- Follow 3 & 4 above.
From all other directions.
- Follow signs for city centre until you see signs for ‘A61 Chesterfield’ Follow these until you reach a traffic ‘tidal flow’ system controlled by overhead gantries. Watch the lights carefully - they tell you the lanes you can use. Count trafic lights from here.
- Take the farthest right hand lane available.
- Fork Right At the ‘A621 Bakewell’ (Wolseley Road) . This is the third set of traffic lights. Number one is where the tidal flow system starts.
- The signpost for ‘A621 Bakewell’ is on the right hand side of the road.
- Turn Left at the end of Wolseley Road (‘A621 Bakewell’ along Abbeydale Road).
- Follow Abbeydale Road to the first set of Traffic Lights (0.5ml). Carter Knowle Road is the fifth road on the right after the lights (0.3ml). Or look for Lowe’s Decorators on your right and Carter Knowle Road is second road on the right.
If all else fails, ask for Abbeydale Road and Carter Knowle Road.